1. Trees are the natural, cheapest and best solution to climate change.
2. They absorb CO2, which is contributing to global warming.
3. They conserve and enrich soil with their root systems and leaf matter.
4. They stop erosion by holding hillsides back from being washed away, thereby preventing flooding.
5. They conserve and clean water that passes through their system.
6. They provide food and homes for many different creatures who all contribute to the complex and interlinked eco- systems of the world.
7.They provide protection from the sun in summer and rain or snow in winter.
8. Walking and being amongst trees helps humans to relax by reducing anxiety, lowering heart rates and assisting with mental health.
9. They filter air pollution, helping the air quality to improve.
10. Every tree has a multitude of uses, both practically and medicinally. They can provide much of our food, medicines, shelter and household needs without creating any harm to the environment. Their products are biodegradable, recyclable and in many cases reusable.
WHY DOESN’T EVERYONE PLANT TREES?
There should be law that when a person is born and when a person dies a tree is planted.
« Back to blog page